Sunday, November 7, 2010

Torchwood Fan Fiction Promo

"I know... everything about you."
I was panting, staring straight into his face, lacking any confidence whatsoever. Knowing him I was certain about. Trusting myself to tell him correctly- not so much.

"How?" he demanded.

"I- I don't know." I admitted, the rain dripping from my nose. Just a few moments ago, I had simply stuck my head outside the apartment window to check the weather. It was obviously raining- but who can resist sticking their hands outside to feel the wet coldness on a brisk fall night? I was wondering when we would leave this stuffy apartment when I'd looked down and seen this man. He was handsome- but when you're fourteen, you think most anyone's handsome. He had on a dress shirt and pants, with a trench coat that was long a gray. And his name had just come to me. It came out of nowhere, and when it did- the information kept coming and coming. Everything about this random man running down the street entered my brain- slowly at first, and then gaining as he got closer and closer to the building.I had to shout out to him- mild OCD takes it toll on you every once in a while. But I was starting to believe that it was more than that.
I'd felt... something about him. This had never happened before.
"Tell me! How old are you? Where did you come from?! Who are you?!" The man should have scared me, but the more I dug subconsciously into his mind, the more I saw that he wasn't a threat to me.
"I've already said! I don't how I know who you are- I just know! I'm... I'm fourteen. My name's... Vanessa." I told him after a short inward debate.
"Are you lying?" He took a step closer.
"No! I- I think I can read your mind." The rain poured down- slicking my hair to my face, making it look black. His was already wet; his blue green eyes watched me carefully.
"Fourteen, huh?" he said, calming down considerably. I nodded."Chance," he mumbled, turning to face the apartment I'd just come out of. I wondered if anyone at the party had noticed I'd gone missing. My twin sister- maybe. "Pure chance and I end up running into something like this again. How-how are you doing that?" He said, rounding on me like he had as soon as I'd snuck out of the hot apartment building.
"Doing what?" I asked, my stutter under control now. A person with an umbrella passed, and he tried to pull me to a more secretive place. Instinct kicked it.
"No," I said. "We stay." He automatically obliged, but waited for the person to round the corner. It was a lesser part of Chicago- no one would pass for another half hour- if even.
"How are you pulling memories like that?! I can't even remember some of this! But I know they're mine... It's like my life is flashing before my eyes. How are you doing this?!" he insisted.
"I don't know- listen. I have to go back! I don't know what's happening. But- but I can talk to you later."
"When? Do you live here?" he gestured to the apartment building.
"No. I don't." I wasn't telling him no because I thought he was a rapist, or a murderer- I said it because it was the truth.
"Here- take this-" he reached his hand into the pocket of the trench coat he was wearing. He pulled out a thick, leather bound envelope and shoved it in my hand.
"Vanessa?" I heard my sister ask suddenly from the window. I pulled the man closer to the building so she couldn't look down at us.
"Yeah- Ronnie, I'm down here."
"Where? I'm coming down!"
"What? Wait! No! She thinks I'm fooling around-"
"That will help you find me again. Do not lose it, Vanessa."
My eyes widened when he said my name. A rush of adrenaline flowed through me. This man was nearly as old as my father- yet...
"I have to go. Do. Not. Lose it. I don't even know why I'm trusting you with it. It's the only thing I have left." He turned and ran, faster than I could ever run- and disappeared in the pouring rain. I stood there, in the middle of the sidewalk, clutching the wet leather. I'd never seen anyone like that before, not in my life.

And that was the moment I'd met him.


I'd never seen anyone like Captain Jack Harkness.

No comments:

Post a Comment